Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do you think Salon quality Shampoos and Conditioners work better than the ones in stores?

Just curious, I asked my stylist but of course she claimed they were better. If you examine many of the expensive ones, they have the same main ingredients as the cheap ones. For those of you who have used both, do you notice a difference, and what difference? What do you use?Do you think Salon quality Shampoos and Conditioners work better than the ones in stores?
No, I really don't think so- in fact, I once spent $40 for a bottle of salon stuff that I ended up hating. I'm just as happy with my Dove from the supermarket. :)Do you think Salon quality Shampoos and Conditioners work better than the ones in stores?
that is a good question





i don't think the shampoos and conditioners work better...i purchase the line of products that i like from a beauty supply store and then i take it in to my hairstylists and have here use the products that i buy.
They are pretty much the same. There is hardly any difference that I can see.
I used to use Tresseme and it's really good quality stuff. Suave is great if you're on a super-tight budget, like a college student but otherwise, I wouldn't reccomend it. Most Redken products are very comparable to Tresseme, and the Tresseme products are much cheaper, like $3 for a liter bottle. I now use Great Clips Solutions- White Tea and Ginger. That stuff's great. Hope this helps.
I had the same stylists for ten years,she said the difference is that the cheap ones have wax and fillers that may or maynot irritate your scalp. I cannot use the cheaper shampoos because they dry my scalp out.I like Goldwell (Keri-silk)products.They are exspensive,but I find I don't use as much and my scalp stays healthy looking.
I think Aveda is the best from the salon.....but thats my opinion
No. Personally I think that they are a con.
i think there is little difference...
ALL shampoo is the same with the exception of Prell. NEVER use that crap.


When I have the money, I prefer salon conditioner, but, since I no longer work in a salon, I use Panteen or Garnier Fructis.


So your hair will look good, have two different types of conditioner (different brands) or use a clarifying shampoo once a week.


Your hair does NOT get ';used'; to a conditioner. Your conditioner will build up in your hair and will not work as well.
hey if your hair is dry, Neutrogena Triple Moisture at walmart/drugstores is great!! but i don't recommend Suave that claimed to have the same ingredients, it was terrible.
i dunno i find salon products work better. some products from drugstores make ur hair shiny because they use a wax base... so yeah i stick with salon care products

No comments:

Post a Comment