Friday, January 22, 2010

Is it better to tan at the tanning salon with tanning lotion or sunscreen?

And will I still get nicely tanned with sunscreen? Please let me know if there's anything else I need to be aware of before I tan, thanks :) (aka when i should shower, how long a tan stays..etc)Is it better to tan at the tanning salon with tanning lotion or sunscreen?
I would say tanning lotion, sunscreen blocks out UVB rays not UVA rays. The tanning bed emits UVA rays, which are the rays that affect the lower layers of your skin and make you tan. So sunscreen isn't really necessary. Tanning lotion helps bring out your tan, also there are tanning lotions with moisturizers which help keep your skin from drying up. So yea, definitely go with tanning lotion.





When it comes to showering, I usually wait about 2 hours after tanning before I shower. Especially, if you're using tanning lotion with bronzer in it. This gives it time to develop before you wash off your body. Also, I always try to shower before I tan, and make sure you wash with a loofa. This exfoliates your skin, and takes off all that dead skin, so you're less likely to peel. This has always helped me.Is it better to tan at the tanning salon with tanning lotion or sunscreen?
it is best to get a sun tan lotion w/ sunscreen in it. that way you block out all the bad uv rays from the sun and dont harm your skin. w/ only sunscreen you will not get a tan and w/ only tanning lotion you will not block out UV rays which can give you cancer.
Use tanning lotion, it protects your skin and helps you really absorb the tan. As for showering, tanning salons recommend waiting 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment