Saturday, January 23, 2010

Working at a tanning salon while pregnant?

I know it is not considered safe to actually tan while pregnant, but what about just working at a tanning salon. Is it ok to work around tanning beds but not tan in them?Working at a tanning salon while pregnant?
Yes, I think it should be fine.Working at a tanning salon while pregnant?
Yes, working at a tanning salon is absolutely fine. Just be careful though. I used to work at one and know that you have to wipe down the booths before another person enters it so if your the one doing that, make sure your not breathing in the chemicals or be sure to wear a mask if you absolutely have to do it. Also, as odd as it sounds and just as a precaution, I wouldnt do it but my sister-in-law was told that she was able to tan once a week during her pregnancy. I dont think they want your body temperature to rise, but the UV lights only change your top layer of skin. They cannot effect the baby.
I'm sure its perfectly safe if your not using them, I'm a hairdresser and not pregnant but a friend of mine has had a baby and were working with a lot of chemicals and breathing it in and her baby was completely healthy. Don't worry hun :)
Oh yes your fine! When I was pregnant with my 2nd baby I worked at a video/ tanning place and I cleaned the beds after they were used,of course I would wear gloves when I cleaned them, I worked there up until a week before I gave birth. So your good!!
The tanning beds are in rooms by themselves when they are one. When you clean them, they are off so that shouldn't hurt the baby. I would check the cleaning solution you use to make sure that is safe.
It would be okay to work around tanning beds but what solution are you using to clean the beds? That may be harmful to you. Other than that I don't see why not! GOOD LUCK!!!!
Yeah, as long as you aren't tanning you'll be fine...
You should be fine.
yes its fine. just don't lay in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment